Comments Rising figure prices

Anime Figure Store
  • Looking at what Freeing is doing, the 30k+ would be the standard for 1/7 and 40k for 1/4.

I too have some pre-orders out of a bit of FOMO (Alter AL Formidable and Graf/ Nekopara) but I will almost surely sell them upon arrival to someone who is more interested than me to continue this hobby.

I'm fed up with price increse out of nowhere because no, the pandemic and everything cannot justify an increase of like 10k yen in 2 years for the majority of the products on a 1/7 scale.

They see that we are willingly spending our money anyway, so they just raise the bar higher.

The only hope is that this "ball" burst and send them a message. :D
    1 month ago
    SushiCat1 month ago#111416249Another big thing I've noticed is that pre-owned prices (on AmiAmi for sure) seem to be going up as well. I've been taking notes on AmiAmi pre-owned since the start of last year, just for figures I was/am looking for, and there has been a big jump just within that time.
    IMO I'm slowly having less more fun hunting in AmiAmi pre-owned for the past few years, at least for the lines I'm interested with. Like you said, the prices are more expensive, it feels like they're taking notes from the personal rented boxes instead of other web stores. And the QC is also spotty, the last straw for me was a Zaku they listed missing its Bazooka when actually it's also missing a finger. No compensation or whatsoever either, they said it's a normal thing to miss small details. I kinda prefer the days when they can't properly write long sentences in English to explain stuffs but have better service.

Lewty1 month ago#111408206Look at the comments on here sometimes.. people can't contain themselves and pre-order within minutes of opening, and then try to give up their PO two weeks later lol.. then on release everything is breathtaking, gorgeous, stunning, it's all just feelings.
    FOMO, and then if the item is bad, they'll do mental gymnastics to make why it's still a good item. Well, it's hard to said "I spent money for a bad item", right? And companies are just taking advantage from it. Cue Bring Arts 2B, after releasing 1.0, they straight announced the 2.0, and the fanboys still buying the new one although Square literally not giving a shit about them lol.
    1 month ago
    In January 2021 one figure I'm still looking for was ¥15k in A condition, the same figure now is around ¥22k. And for some bizarre reason Trick or Miku keeps going up on pre-owned for like ¥44k even though you can pre-order her NEW for half that ON AmiAmi lmao??!

I'm just glad I managed to get a bunch of my wishlist last year T_T
    1 month ago
    Yup welcome to failing economies brought upon us by our wonderful world leaders.
    1 month ago
    mikuvsmywallet1 month ago#111416038I got ITEM #61333 rather recently and am still in awe of how absolutely high quality she is for such an affordable price :o makes me really wish I could have been getting into figure collecting earlier,, I really am envious of those who have been able to collect before covid and everything else AGREED! I get so envious when I see people have figures like #ITEM98665 for 14.000 in 2012, while now, we get figures like #ITEM1588388 ...
    1 month ago
    1 month ago
    Yup they’re rising and now I’m a bit pickier.
    1 month ago
    PeachyKirby The Cyberpunk Collector
    i think we're all in agreement. prices are rising and its stupid. but i personally dont know what to do about it ):
    1 month ago
    Also with aftermarket prices especially with the situation in the US where everything food, services, and notability gas prices have gone up making the need to ask for more money to cover those.
    1 month ago
    AvalonJane1 month ago#111410219I think I'm officially priced out of the hobby. Was just talking to a friend how I'd love the new Mew Ichigo figure ITEM #1588388
    But a few years I purchased this Sakura figure that was the same price ITEM #396841
    The Sakura figure is so much more than the Mew Ichigo in terms of scale and setting.

That's startling. The first figure you linked would've barely been 10k JPY a decade ago.
    1 month ago